Dill Pickle Coleslaw is a tangy twist on a classic coleslaw recipe! Shredded cabbage, carrots and dill pickles are tossed in a flavorful creamy dressing featuring dill pickle juice & fresh dill!
How to Make Dill Pickle Coleslaw
The real star in this recipe is the coleslaw dressing. Just the right amount of dill pickle juice gives this side dish its unique and memorable flavor! I had originally made this recipe with chopped pickles but found they fell to the bottom of the mix. Shredding the pickles adds flavor throughout!
- Dressing: Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Salad: Toss both the green and red cabbage together, add the shredded carrots and pickles.
Once the salad is prepared, add the dressing and chill up to two hours before serving.
Can I Make Coleslaw in Advance?
The best coleslaw recipes are easy to make, easy to store, and everybody loves them!
As long as it is kept cold and covered, this dill pickle coleslaw is perfect for making ahead when you have other things to do!
Keep it covered or sealed so it doesn’t absorb the flavors of the other items in the refrigerator and be sure to give it a good stir before serving!
How Long Does it Last?
If stored properly, coleslaw should last 3 to 5 days in the fridge. If the coleslaw starts to get a little watery, simply drain in a colander, and refresh the flavor with a little salt and pepper!
More Quick Sides
- Pistachio Strawberry Salad – flavorful summer dish
- Creamy Carrot Salad – retro recipe!
- Easy Watermelon Salad – made with feta & mint
- Tomato Avocado Salad – ready in 15 minutes!
- Chickpea Salad – protein packed salad!
Dill Pickle Coleslaw
This dill pickle coleslaw is a tangy twist on a classic recipe. Serve as a side, in place of lettuce, or on top a pulled pork sandwich!
- 6 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1/2 cup dill pickles (shredded)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.