Bubble Pizza is almost as much fun to make as it is to eat. If you’ve ever had monkey bread, pull apart pizza bread is a similar concept. Canned biscuit dough (or even homemade biscuits) are tossed with cheese, pizza sauce and toppings for an easy snack!
A perfect homemade pizza is hands down one of my favorites! Tender chewy crust, zesty sauce and of course loads of toppings. As much as I love a good pizza, I also love having a recipe in my pocket for something that has all of the same delicious flavor with just a few ingredients a very little prep.
Bubble Pizza Ingredients
Since it’s so easy to prepare, pizza bread is the perfect snack to introduce your kids to cooking too! You’ll need just three ingredients:
- Pizza Sauce
- Use store bought or homemade
- Cirio pizza sauce is my favorite brand (I get it our local Italian market for about $3)
- Biscuit Dough
- Canned biscuit dough to keeps this recipe easy
- Homemade dough (or dough from biscuit mix) will work as well.
- Shredded Cheese
- Mozzarella is best for achieving that gooey goodness that makes pull apart pizza bread so good
- Parmesan adds great flavor
- Swap in some extra sharp cheddar to pump up the flavor even more
- No toppings are required if you’d prefer plain cheese
- Add fresh basil with mozzarella to create a Margherita Pizza bread
- Cook watery toppings (like mushrooms) before adding
How to Make Bubble Bread
You won’t believe how easy it is to make a pizza casserole with biscuits. Here’s all you do:
- Separate the biscuits and cut into quarters, using kitchen scissors or a knife.
- Toss the pieces with the pizza sauce and half the cheese & toppings.
- Place the mixture in a casserole dish and bake until puffed up and lightly browned.
Top with the remaining cheese and cook until melted and gooey. So easy!
What to Serve with Pizza Bread
Bubble Up Pizza Bread is the ultimate party snack food, so serve it with a variety of dips that go well with the flavors of pizza. Marinara sauce is a popular (and delicious) choice! Other good options include ranch dip, Blue Cheese Dressing or Spicy Dill Dip.
Bubble Pizza makes a terrific finger food to serve at parties or on game day. Just don’t forget to put out plenty of extra-large napkins –or better yet, a roll of paper towels!
Pizza Inspired Favorites
- Pizza Pasta Bake – A cheesy pizza flavored pasta casserole
- Pizza Grilled Cheese – A delicious twist on a lunchtime favorite
- Pizza Baked Tortellini – So easy (no boiling required)
- Pizza Waffles – Great for lunches and these reheat well
- Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms – Party favorite!
- Pizza Pasta Salad – Potluck perfect
Easy Bubble Pizza
This easy bubble pizza is quick and delicious recipe needing just a few ingredients. Add your favorite toppings and bake until bubbly.
- 1 roll of biscuit dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (or cheddar) (shredded)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Toppings as desired
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces using kitchen scissors or a knife.
- In a large bowl, toss biscuit pieces, pizza sauce, toppings and 1/2 cup of cheese.
Spoon biscuit pieces into a well greased 9×9 pan. Top with toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and centre seems cooked.
Top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Broil to brown if desired.