Bean sprout salad has fresh crisp bean sprouts, carrots, and cabbage tossed in a zesty soy ginger dressing.
It’s easy to make and even easier to eat! Bean sprouts are have a juicy crunch and fresh taste, the perfect summer salad!
Crunchy Summer Salad
Ingredients & Variations
Go with the listed recipe ingredients or mix things up by adding red cabbage, bok choy, chopped fresh parsley or mint leaves from the garden! Get creative!
TOPPINGS Chopped peanuts are awesome, but feel free to sub any other crunchy nut, like crushed almonds or macadamia nuts. Even chopped wasabi peas work and give some extra zing! Chives work in place of green onion if desired!
FRESH TIP Rinse and drain your bean sprouts well and refrigerate an hour or two before preparing the salad. The rinse adds moisture making the sprouts extra crisp as they chill.
How to Make Bean Sprout Salad
It’s really easy to pull this salad together, and the result? Simply perfect crunch, every time!
- Whisk dressing ingredients together (per recipe below).
- Combine prepared veggies with cilantro and toss with dressing.
- Chill at least 20 minutes, then garnish with peanuts and green onion before serving! Yum!
PRO TIP: Grow your own bean sprouts by covering dried mung beans with water. It’s easy:
- Place mung beans in a single layer on top of clean cheesecloth.
- Cover in a sanitized container with fresh water and refrigerate. Change the water and rinse the cheesecloth with the beans in it each day.
- In a few days, fresh mung beans should be sprouted! Allow to grow to desired length before using.
Cooking Tips & Tricks
- Bean sprouts are best when served super fresh and cold. Choose sprouts that are spring green on top, with bright white stalks. Avoid sprouts that have a greyish color to the stems. Keep them refrigerated in the crisper and use them the same day if possible.
- Fresh is always best, but for ease, purchase carrot matchsticks and bagged coleslaw.
Side Dish Salads
- Classic Wedge Salad – with blue cheese dressing
- BLT Salad – fresh & crispy
- Beet Salad – colorful & refreshing
- Overnight Salad – 7 layers
- Classic Macaroni Salad – easy to make
Did you make this Bean Sprout Salad? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Bean Sprout Salad
- 3 cups bean sprouts washed and drained
- 2 cups napa cabbage or green cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot julienned or shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, extra for garnish if desired
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine bean sprouts, cabbage, carrots, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine. Chill 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Top with green onion and peanuts for serving.