No Bake Oatmeal Cookies are an easy and quick treat with simple ingredients you likely have on hand. Made with oats and cocoa, they are chewy, chocolaty, and bites of homemade goodness!
The ingredients in these cookies is not long and you likely even have them on hand!
- Butter – While I prefer unsalted, you can use salted butter. It’ll give a more sweet and salty combo!
- Sugar – This recipe calls for white sugar but brown sugar can be used for a deeper flavor. If using brown sugar, it adds moisture, so you may need an extra sprinkle of oats to balance it out!
- Milk – Dairy-free or regular milk can be used.
- Oats – I prefer quick-cooking oats as they will get chewier than other types of oats. Avoid steel-cut oats of course.
How to Make Oatmeal Cookies:
These are so fast to pull together, it reminds me of making rice crispy treats, it’s that easy. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Melt butter and mix in sugar and milk until bubbly. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together and drop by the tablespoon onto a plate.
Let chill and that’s all there is to it! You can feel free to mix this recipe up with your favorite add-ins.
After you mix all the ingredients, you should be able to easily shape the batter and press it into cookies or leave it into balls. After you refrigerate the cookies, they need to hold their shape when you pick one up, so you can easily bite into it.
- Brown Sugar – remember, if you use brown sugar, it adds moisture, so you may have to add extra oats.
- Oats – If you use old fashioned oats, you may have to add extra oats.
- Too Crumbly – If the cookies are too dry and they crumble, impossible to shape, you can add a bit of melted coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Too Wet – If you added all the oats you have on hand and the cookies still don’t hold their shape well, you can mix in shredded coconut flakes or graham cracker crumbs.
Counter/Fridge: These should last in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days, and for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Freezer: No bake oatmeal cookies can be frozen for a rainy day. Freeze them individually, between layers of wax paper in an airtight container. They should last for up to 6 months in the deep freeze if handled correctly and wrapped well.
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies are very easy to make, without even turning on the oven!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup coconut
In a big pot, combine sugar, milk, and butter on medium heat. Stir and let boil for 5 mins.
Remove from heat and add salt and vanilla.
In a bowl, mix oatmeal, cocoa, and coconut together. Then stir in sugar, milk and butter mixture. Mix well.
Drop by the tablespoon onto a plate, chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
More No Bake Desserts
- No Bake Rainbow Pie – so colorful!
- No Bake Chips Ahoy! Icebox Cake – just 4 ingredients!
- Chocolate Macaroons – quick no-bake cookies
- No Bake Granola Bars – ready in 10 minutes!
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies – chewy, sweet & salty