Creamy peanut Thai noodles is a quick and delicious dinner that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Noodles are tossed in a quick peanut sauce along with our favorite veggies; carrots, peppers and cabbage.
What’s In Thai Noodles?
- Sauce: An easy Thai-flavored peanut butter cream sauce with a hint of heat and lots of flavor. You can make it as spicy (or mild) as you like.
- Noodles: Linguine or spaghetti work well in this recipe (whole wheat noodles work too). You can also use rice noodles if you prefer.
- Veggies: Julienned or shredded veggies are great in this dish. Use whatever you have on hand.
- Toppings: My favorite part! Lime juice, peanuts, cilantro and green onions all add a big punch of flavor!
Tips For Making Peanut Thai Noodles
- Once you start cooking this recipe comes togehter FAST! Prep all ingredients before getting started.
- Add leftover oven baked chicken breasts or shrimp to this recipe.
- If the sauce is too thick, just add a little pasta water or chicken broth to thin it out.
- The sauce does thicken up a bit when it sits on the pasta, so it’s best to serve this dish right after tossing the pasta and sauce together.
- The amount of salt you’ll ultimately need in this dish will be greatly affected by the soy sauce you use. I use a low sodium soy sauce.
My Favorite Thai Peanut Noodle Toppings
If you’re looking for some quick and easy toppings for these Thai peanut noodles, try some of these:
- meat: chicken, shrimp, beef, or pork
- lime juice
- green onions
Looking for a few more Asian inspiration?
How about some crazy delicious, teriyaki chicken. Serve these over rice and you’ve got another dinner your whole family will love. Sesame Ginger Snap Peas or Sesame Bok Choy make great sides with this meal.
This dish is a great alternative to our fave Chicken Pad Thai.
Creamy Peanut Thai Noodles
This thai noodles recipe is a quick and delicious dish.
- 8 ounces dry pasta (linguine or spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup carrots (julienned)
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- green onions, peanuts, and cilantro for garnish
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, do not rinse.
Meanwhile, cook ginger and garlic in vegetable oil until fragrant.
Add carrots and cabbage and cook 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender. Add sauce while stirring over medium heat and simmer until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in noodles and bean sprouts. Garnish with crushed peanuts, cilantro and green onions (add lime wedges).