This easy Stromboli recipe starts with refrigerated pizza dough, and is loaded with all your favorite pizza toppings! Salami, pepperoni, ham and lots of cheese are the key ingredients in this easy stromboli recipe! And, it’s ready in about 30 minutes!
I don’t know anything that will bring the family to the table faster than the smell of pizza baking in the oven. Stromboli pizza is that magical combination of dough, meat and cheese with Italian seasoning that gets them every time, and I can’t say I’m complaining.
This stromboli recipe is quick and easy enough for making appies, and also for a weeknight dinner. I often make two (switch up the flavours for variety!) because the leftovers are perfect for school or work lunches the next day! That is definitely a win around here.
One of the best things about this stromboli recipe is how easy it is to prep. If you have kids who like to help in the kitchen, they can probably prepare almost the entire recipe without help!
What’s in a Stromboli?
Stromboli ingredients are very simple:
- The pizza crust – I’ve used refrigerated pizza dough here to make this an easy weeknight meal that is ready in 30 minutes, but feel free to make your own pizza dough if you prefer!
- The sauce – choose a good one that you like, and be sure to serve extra on the side for dunking! I prefer to use my homemade easy marinara sauce, but I often use store bought for this recipe.
- Toppings – I keep these basic (and family-friendly) using salami, pepperoni and ham as well as a good covering of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan. You can really do anything you want for stromboli filling ideas! Mix things up and go Hawaiian, BBQ Chicken or Chicken Alfredo if you’re feeling adventurous.
How to Make Stromboli
This stromboli recipe is super easy to make. Simply:
- Roll out pizza dough
- Add cheese and toppings
- Roll stromboli into a log
- Brush with egg wash
More Pizza Inspired Recipes You’ll Love!
- One Pot Pepperoni Mac and Cheese With Bacon – bacon, enough said!
- Bubble Pizza Bread – everyone loves it, kids especially!
- Margherita Pizza – classic
- Pizza Grilled Cheese – a popular reader recipe
- Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza – fun dinner, under 20 minutes!
What is The Difference Between a Calzone and a Stromboli? What is Stromboli?
You won’t find a lot of difference between stromboli vs calzone. The main difference is the size and shape.
A calzone is essentially a pizza folded in half, and is usually in a semi-circle shape. A stromboli is a pizza that is rolled and baked, then sliced. Either way, they’re both delicious and use many of the same ingredients!
Can You Make Stromboli the Night Before?
Stromboli is perfect for prepping ahead and either refrigerating or freezing!
Prepare fully, then cover with plastic wrap on the baking sheet and refrigerate up to 12 hours before baking.
Or prepare, bake, cool, wrap tightly and freeze. To serve, thaw for 5-6 hours at room temperature, then heat at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes until heated through.
This easy Stromboli recipe starts with refrigerated pizza dough, and is loaded with all your favorite pizza toppings! Salami, pepperoni, ham and lots of cheese are the key ingredients in this easy stromboli recipe!
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough (enough for 1 pizza)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked ham (chopped)
- 1/2 cup salami (slices)
- 1/2 cup pepperoni (slices)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll pizza dough out on a lightly floured surface into a roughly 12″ x 16″ rectangle (it doesn’t have to be perfect).
- Spread marinara sauce over pizza dough, but leave one inch all the way around and 2-3″ at the long side furthest from you.
- Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese, then ham, salami and pepperoni. Finish with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Roll up as tightly as possible, doing your best not to push out the toppings as you do so. Stop just before you reach the end.
- Whisk together egg, water, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush over pizza dough where the edges will meet, then pinch together.
Place on prepared baking sheet with the seal down and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and slightly puffed. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
REPIN this Easy Recipe