Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs are a summer favorite. Tender juicy grilled chicken is layered with a rainbow of veggies in a tangy Pineapple BBQ Sauce.
Perfect for Summer
Like most grilling recipes, kabobs are the perfect summer meal! Chicken and fresh veggies all beautifully stacked on a skewer and grilled until caramelized.
The possibilities are endless. These Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs are delicious when you make them and perfect leftover and added to a salad for lunch the next day.
If you’re using wood skewers, be sure to give them a soak first so they don’t burn on the grill!
Don’t have a grill or want to stand out in the snow? No problem, you can also make these kabobs in the oven!
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place prepared kabobs on a foil lined pan.
- Bake 22-26 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
One of the very best things about summer is all of the fresh produce and I try to incorporate it into every meal. These Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs are loaded up with peppers, chicken and of course pineapple and are brushed with an easy to create Pineapple Honey BBQ sauce!
Delicious BBQ Sauce is Key
Having a delicious thick BBQ sauce is great to add that sticky caramelized finish we all love so much .
Combine KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce & Dry Rubs with ANY liquid to create a delicious sauce or marinade. I simply added pineapple juice to the mix… I often add it to homemade bbq sauce for a basting sauce too. This makes tender grilled kabobs with loads of sweet tangy pineapple flavor.
Great for Marinades
Making a great chicken marinade is easy and delicious! Most marinades need a bit of acidity and in this case I use pineapple juice. Not only does this tenderize the meat (don’t worry, it’s just a bit, it won’t make the meat mushy) but it also adds flavor and the sugars in the juice help to caramelize the sauce!
If you haven’t seen these mixes yet, I’m kind of in love with them! Each box comes with two pouches of mix that can be combined with any liquid to create your own sauces and marinades… think beer, cola, juice or root beer to create the perfect BBQ sauce for your summer grilling!
More Grilled Chicken Recipes
- Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Beer Can Chicken
- Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs. Tender juicy chicken layered with a rainbow of veggies in a tangy Pineapple Honey BBQ Sauce. The perfect quick & easy summer meal!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mushrooms (halved)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 purple onion
- 1 package KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce & Dry Rub (Sweet Honey)
- 1 3/4 cup pineapple juice (divided)
- Combine 3/4 pineapple juice and 1 pouch KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce & Dry Rub. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. In a large zipper bag combine 1 cup pineapple juice and 1 pouch KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce & Dry Rub and chicken. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers and brush with BBQ Sauce.
- Grill 12-16 minutes or until cooked through.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece® . The opinions and text are all mine.