Garlic Aioli is a flavor-packed spread (or dip) and the perfect addition to a sandwich, a wrap, or a burger.
This short-cut version is made with mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon and takes just a couple of minutes to prepare (but I’ve included from scratch directions if you’re feeling adventurous too)!
What is Aioli
Aioli comes from the Mediterranean but there are variations from Spain and France as well (and pretty much everywhere really).
It’s basically mayonnaise with garlic and sometimes other flavorings like lemon, chipotle, or even splash of truffle oil!
How to Make Garlic Aioli
Once you create your own aioli, you’ll never buy it again!
- Start with mayonnaise (store-bought to make it quick or homemade if you prefer).
- Whisk all ingredients together (per recipe below).
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and serve!
For a milder garlic flavor, roast garlic in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil until tender and golden.
Homemade aioli lends itself to so many different flavors, here is a list to inspire signature aioli sauces! Add as much as preferred of the following:
- SPICY: sriracha sauce, chipotle or cayenne powder.
- SAVORY: pesto, basil, roasted garlic or red peppers, sundried tomatoes, or truffle!
- CREAMY: avocado, dijon or stone-ground mustard.
What to Serve it With
Homemade aioli is a simple condiment that can dramatically improve the flavor of meats, veggies, salads, and sandwiches!
How to Store Aioli
Regardless of the kind of aioli made, it should keep in a tightly covered container about 10 days, if it isn’t used up by then!
Creamy Dips and Dressings
- Avocado Dip – healthy & flavorful option!
- Blue Cheese Dressing – silky, delicious dressing!
- Spicy Dill Dip – full of flavor
- Homemade Ranch Dressing – creamy & tangy!
- Creamy Artichoke Dip – easy to prepare
Did you love this homemade Aioli? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy to Make Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place an immersion blender at the bottom of the container and turn it on.
- Hold still until the mixture at the bottom begins to thicken (emulsify).
- Once it starts to thicken, very slowly pull the immersion blender up to the top to thicken the rest of the mixture.
- Add remaining aioli ingredients and whisk to combine.