Microwave Corn on the Cob is a tasty time saver that nearly anyone can do while you’re busy at the grill! Fresh, firm cobs are microwaved with the husk on. In just a couple of minutes, the husk slips off for the perfect side dish to serve alongside Grilled BBQ Chicken!
This easy side is best brushed with butter (or Homemade Garlic Butter) and served hot and fresh!
A Summer Time Favorite
Whether you grow it yourself or get it at the supermarket or the farmer’s market, cooking corn in the microwave preserves its sweet flavor and keeps it fresh and crisp.
How to Cook Corn in the Microwave
This microwave sweet corn recipe only takes a few minutes and it steams itself inside the husk, that’s right no need to peel it first!
With the husk and silk on the corn, place between one and four whole corn cobs in the microwave. Don’t overcrowd the microwave to be sure that all the cobs cook thoroughly.
A microwave with a turntable inside will more evenly cook the cobs, but you can also stop cooking halfway through and rotate them.
How Long to Cook Corn in the Microwave
Cooking corn on the cob in the microwave is easy once you determine what size your cobs are. Regardless of the size of the cobs, set the microwave to high power! The times can vary slightly based on your microwave (and how many cobs you have going in).
- Smaller Cobs: cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Larger Cobs: cook for 4-5 minutes.
Remove the microwave corn with a mitt or kitchen towel and carefully cut off each end and slide the cob out of the husk and silk.
Favorite Summer Sides
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad – a reader favorite!
- Pesto Pasta Salad – Flavorful and easy!
- Grilled Zucchini – Garden fresh and ready in minutes.
- Old Fashioned Bean Salad – 4 kinds of bean in a tangy dressing!
Microwave Corn on the Cob
With only 3 simple ingredients, have this tasty corn on the table in under 5 minutes!
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place corn in the microwave (with silk & husks intact).
- Microwave on high power for 3 minutes (smaller cobs) or 4 minutes (larger cobs).
- Remove from the microwave and using a sharp knife, cut both ends off of the corn.
- Slide the corn out of the husk (the silk should slide right off too).
- Season with butter, salt & pepper to taste.
REPIN this Easy Recipe