Sesame Chicken is tender and delicious with Asian flavors of soy, garlic and ginger, honey and sesame seeds. This dish is perfect served over rice.
Better Than Take-Out
What is Sesame Chicken? Sesame Chicken is a standard found in Chinese Restaurants in the United States. Tender chunks of chicken are marinated in cornstarch and egg and pan-fried until crisp.
The sauce is slightly sweet and sticky with honey, soy, ginger, and garlic. Sesame flavor comes from both sesame oil and sesame seeds.
How To Make Sesame Chicken
- Marinate chicken in cornstarch, egg and soy sauce.
- Combine sauce ingredients (recipe below).
- Stir fry in batches until browned. Add sauce and simmer.
So easy to make! Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
This easy sesame recipe is even better than takeout!
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 lb chicken breast (diced)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted)
- Toss chicken with egg, cornstarch and soy sauce. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and simmer until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
More Take-Out at Home
- Chicken Pad Thai
- Easy Pepper Steak
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Shrimp Stir Fry
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Sweet and Sour Pork